|2323 Whitney Ave.
Hamden, CT 06518
JOIN OUR VIP CLUB!
The Benefits of a Mediterranean Diet
The Mediterranean diet is a dietary pattern that is based on the traditional cuisine of countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea, such as Greece, Italy, and Spain. It is characterized by a high intake of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts, and olive oil, as well as a moderate intake of fish and poultry and a low intake of red meat and dairy products. The Mediterranean diet has been associated with a number of health benefits, including:
- Cardiovascular health: Studies have shown that following a Mediterranean diet is associated with a lower risk of heart disease and stroke. This may be due in part to the diet's high content of monounsaturated fats, such as olive oil, which can help lower cholesterol levels and reduce inflammation.
- Weight management: The Mediterranean diet is rich in fiber and low in saturated fat, which can help promote weight loss and prevent weight gain. Additionally, the Mediterranean diet emphasizes plant-based foods, which are typically lower in calories than animal-based foods.
- Cognitive function: Some studies have suggested that following a Mediterranean diet may help improve cognitive function and reduce the risk of age-related cognitive decline.
- Cancer prevention: The Mediterranean diet may also help reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, such as breast and colon cancer.
- Longevity: The Mediterranean diet has been associated with living a longer life, with a lower rate of deaths from any cause.
Overall, the Mediterranean diet is a healthy and well-balanced way of eating that can provide many health benefits.
2323 Whitney Avenue
CALL TO ORDER
Monday-Friday: 11am – 8pm